400 of the best wines and beers you've never heard of
Across town from Ordinary
Miles away from Normal
Gift baskets available

While we strive for perfection, our inventory levels can change rapidly, or we can make mistakes, which means that sometimes a product may not be available when you place an order. If that happens, we will promptly inform you of our mistake and fix the matter as soon as possible.

DELIVERY - We deliver anywhere in Montgomery County, Maryland. Deliveries must be scheduled in advance and prices vary according to distance from the store - please call to get a price on the delivery charges.

Salasar Cremant de Limoux Brut

$17.99
333968
In stock (7)
+ -

Product description

Unless sparkling wine is from the Champagne region of France, with some minor exceptions, the wine can not legally be called 'Champagne'. Cremant is a French style of sparking wine which is made using the same methods as those used to make Champagne. It is a style that is widely available all over France including the Loire Valley, Bordeaux and the Alsace. This Cremant is from the southwestern French region of Limoux. In fact, Limoux is the region which first successfully developed commercially viable sparkling wine, well before Champagne started to make its mark. This highly effervescent bubbly is a blend of 90% Chardonnay the other 10% is a mix of Pinot Noir and Chenin Blanc. It has notes of honey, baguette and lemon zest. Serve on its own as an aperitif or try it with egg based dishes such as quiche, it also pairs well with deep fried or fatty foods such as tempura, soft cheeses or creamy desserts.